Music to Read By


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

A Little About What Little I Know About Myself

My photo
Hold On I Know I Wrote This Down Somewhere, Canada
Just a quiet country boy who believes in remaining calm at all times even though there are times when a little excitement is necessary. I also believe in living each day to it's fullest because when it's over you can never have it back and it makes one less you have coming. I was married to the most wonderful woman in the world, my late wife Ellen. She will always have a place in my heart. I like cooking, dining out, traveling, shopping, gambling, blogging, bling and I love my truck cause she's pretty and fast. Oh and let's not forget food.

July 1, 2010

Do You Ever Sleep??

 
On my previous post one of my friends asked if I ever sleep. Of course I do once in awhile. I just don't make a habit of it. I got up at 5:30 to get ready for work like I always do and that has nothing to do with my writing my last post at 3am just prior to that. I've always kept strange hours and have always been an early riser. Well Dori I just got home from a dinner party at midnight and now I'm writing a blog. That's only 18 1/2 hours that I have been up. Tomorrow is a holiday so I can stay up tonight because there is no work and I can sleep in til probably 6am.

Anyway it was a great party with lots of people there. We snacked, we ate, we drank, and we sat around the bonfire for a bit. It looked a bit like rain at first but then that went away but the mosquitos didn't. There was some wind blowing earlier in the evening which kept them at bay but as soon that stopped then it was on. I've seen worse so we all survived. I did however see some lightening just east of the house on my way home but tomorrow is suppose to be good. Hopefully I will get a few things done like setting up the rest of the patio the way I want it. Some lawn mowing and then the day will be about over or I'll be done one of the two. Nothing will probably be open tomorrow so I'll just stay home and I'll have to fix my own breakfast. Sounds like biscuits and gravy time again.

Ok there isn't much to write about at this time so I'm going to turn on the TV and see what's on or maybe watch a movie on here. Ya'll have a good sleep and I'll think of something to post about later today. I would say tomorrow but it's already tomorrow therefore I have to say today. Know what I mean?

6 comments:

Sally said...

Happy Canada Day! Enjoy your day off.

It's threatening rain, so maybe I can put off mowing (again). :)

Penny said...

I'm going to try and leave a message again. Hope it works. Happy Canada Day! Hope it doesn't rain. We're having a birthday bash and Canada Day BBQ today!

Penny said...

Yay! It worked. I'm back in business. LOL

Cindy said...

If your up and at 'em yet, I'm just stopping by to wish you a Happy Canada Day. Enjoy your day Curtis.

JennyD said...

Hi, brudda 'o mine! Happy Canada Day, lol! A W.Virginian in Canada - will wonders never cease. You should teach them all about pork rinds and chittlins (chitterlings for all the educated folks, lol). Seriously though, hope you have fun today and I'll bet you take a good nap. Cheers!

Dori said...

Whew - Thanks, Curtis, for answering my qestion "Do you ever sleep" - and assuring me that yu do !!

You see, I've lying awake all night worrying about you not sleeping !! NOW I can catch up on my zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Oh and have a Happy Holiday!! It is Frontier Days here and we went to the rodeo last night - pretty darn good, I must say. No one was seriously injured, not even the animals. I'm bad and cheer the calves when they escape the lasso of the cowboy. The bull riding is my fav - those guys have to be nuts to even try it.

That's about it from Arizona. Need to take that nap !