Music to Read By


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

A Little About What Little I Know About Myself

My photo
Hold On I Know I Wrote This Down Somewhere, Canada
Just a quiet country boy who believes in remaining calm at all times even though there are times when a little excitement is necessary. I also believe in living each day to it's fullest because when it's over you can never have it back and it makes one less you have coming. I was married to the most wonderful woman in the world, my late wife Ellen. She will always have a place in my heart. I like cooking, dining out, traveling, shopping, gambling, blogging, bling and I love my truck cause she's pretty and fast. Oh and let's not forget food.

July 10, 2010

A Little Of This A Little Of That And A Whole Lot Of Nothing

Well this is what happens when you do way too much shopping. You come home with empty pockets and a bunch of stuff you probably didn't need in the first place. That's me again, lots of stuff I didn't need and after yesterday and this morning, I'm so broke now I couldn't change time. It took some doing but after checking under the floor mats and between the seats, I was able to come up with just enough money to fill the gas tank in this beast I drive. Will have to do without anything to eat until I get home and hopefully I can find enough to do me until pay day next week. I should probably take most of the stuff I bought back tomorrow and get my money back but there's this matter of pride. No money, credit cards are all maxed out but at least I have enough gas to get home and take me to work most of next week. Amazing eh? How can a big 4 door 4 wheel drive truck with a 400 hp hemi in it come from Winnipeg to Fargo and drive around yesterday and today and use only  half a tank of gas? I'm a firm believer in buying economical  fuel efficient vehicles.

Don't worry because if I have any trouble I'll call one of my friends back home for assistance providing my cell phone hasn't been cut off due to a lack of payments.

I did go back to my favorite clothing store today but only spent $93 . This trip has been an all time low for me in that store. I bought a few bottles of cologne because I'm down to my last 20 or so bottles at home. I ain't kiddin' neither. I must have every stink Adidas makes plus a few other brands. I like to smell good when I go to work or out somewhere especially on those days when I don't feel like bathing.

I went over to my friends room last night and had a glass of wine which is a tradition with us it seems. Yes only one glass not 5 bottles this time. I got up early [goes without saying] and went to iHop and had a skillet breakfast. That hit the spot and then came back to my room to wait for the stores to open. Heck those city folks were still in their room when I got back! Geez how can people take all morning to get up and do anything? It would drive me to absolute madness to have to wait on someone who took that long to get ready. I'd probably leave them there and say I'll see you when I get back. Bet they would hurry up next time.

I laid around in my room just resting and playing with my blog page which I think I've finally gotten to where I like it until those city folk called me and asked if I wanted to meet them for a bite to eat. Heck I was hungry by then since I'd had breakfast at 6:30 and it was now 3:00, so I met up with them. We parted and they were going to do a bit more shopping and then head home but I'm not going back until tomorrow morning so I went back to my room and here I sit. I gave some thought to going to a few more stores but I just felt like relaxing and then when I found I didn't have any money left, that settled it. Hopefully I won't have to pay for the room either because my credit card will probably bounce. I'll just have to sneak out somehow.

I guess it's good to be so broke you are forced into being thrifty or is that depressed. So tomorrow I'll take my few bags of loot home and spent the rest of the week just staring at them to remind myself why I'm hungry. Looks like I'll be eating weiner water soup for awhile.

Hope everyone out here had a great weekend and that your weather was kind to you. I read where a few of you have gotten a bit of relief from the dryness and heat and that's good. It has been absolutely wonderful down here. The highest temps I saw were 87 and there was a nice breeze all weekend. It was just right.

5 comments:

JennyD said...

I don't know what to say. I just don't know. Daggone, Curtis, I hope you were at least half kidding, because if you weren't, then I'll tell you what you can eat for the week: Two things. First, that foot in your mouth should be fairly tasty, and second, you can drag out that grill and roast some slacks and shirts. I hear cotton has a natural taste. Sheesh, if you really drained out your finances, then you need to learn a lesson, lol. I hear a dollop of catsup in a glass of water is ok for tomato juice, so try that, too.

You are such a sicko. ;)
Anyone that gets up at the crack of dawn deserves what they get. I'm a nightowl myself and 7:30am is the earliest any living human would ever see me...and that's only if I have to. 9am is much better.

Ahhhh, Little Red Rooster is on again and I am groovin' to that slide guitar.

Unknown said...

If things get real desperate you could always start selling imported clothes and cologne out of the back of your truck.

Unknown said...

Don't know what to say Curtis. Well maybe "Yer Grounded!" Rock soup for the week and no backtalk. I do hope it wasn't the side effects from the new meds. Take care and stay between the lines on the way home. Hugs!

Sally said...

'WEINER WATER SOUP' HAHAHAHA

You're too much, Curtis!!

The blog is lookin' great. :)

Cindy said...

I hope you're joking about the credit cards, but knowing you I'm pretty sure you are. But if you're on a steady diet of weiner water soup, it's your own darn fault. Thanks again for dropping all that loot in the good ol' USA.