Music to Read By


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

A Little About What Little I Know About Myself

My photo
Hold On I Know I Wrote This Down Somewhere, Canada
Just a quiet country boy who believes in remaining calm at all times even though there are times when a little excitement is necessary. I also believe in living each day to it's fullest because when it's over you can never have it back and it makes one less you have coming. I was married to the most wonderful woman in the world, my late wife Ellen. She will always have a place in my heart. I like cooking, dining out, traveling, shopping, gambling, blogging, bling and I love my truck cause she's pretty and fast. Oh and let's not forget food.

July 2, 2010

Marriage License...

Ok calm down and don't panic. Before you do let me explain that the marriage license are not mine. One of my closest friends is getting married in August where in one of my previous posts I showed the cabin in which I will be staying during the festivities. Her house is where the dinner party and bon-fire was Wednesday night. Last night she called and said that her fiance's car was broke and wouldn't start. He was suppose to drive to Kenora a quaint little town in the Lake of the Woods area in Ontairo but now couldn't go and she asked me if I would mind taking him. Kenora is about a 2 1/2 hour trip from here and I hadn't been there in probably 5 years. Ellen and I use to rent a cottage for a week every summer about 20 minutes before Kenora and we spent a lot of time there. Kenora reminds me of a small town USA place which I have always loved and grew up in and was living in before coming to Canada. Above is the Town Hall where we had to go to get THEIR marriage license. Below is a shot of down town.

It's a busy little town with lots of tourist. Lake of the Woods is a very popular place up  here. It was a great day for a drive so I fired up the ol farm truck and off we went. We stopped after about an hour into the trip and had breakfast. Les the fellow I was taking to Kenora bought me breakfast. The only stipulation was they had to feed me on the trip. Hey food is as good as money to me and besides I didn't want any money for gas or anything so I let them talk me into the food deal. Twist my rubber arm eh? They have been helpful to me in the past and besides my rule is "what kind of a friend would I be if you had to pay me to do something". Anyway the trip went without a hitch [have to watch how I use that word] and we made it back in one piece. Les offered me lunch but I fibbed and said I was still full from breakfast. Now I have to get outta here and fire up the grill and see if I can find a piece of an old cow around here to cook up and have something to eat. I'm starving!!
Ok now I feel better. Just the thought of  food made it impossible for me to function anymore at the keyboard so up I jumped and ran into the kitchen in search of a morsel. I did find a tiny piece of an old dead cow in the refridgerator so I seasoned it up and tossed it on the grill.


 Next I found a small potato so I threw it into the microwave to cook. I looked around a bit more and found some corn laying around so I shucked a couple [meaning 3] ears and threw them into a pot of boiling water. Before you could say snap crackle pop I had managed to come up with a morsel of something to keep me going.

Oh I think I eated too much again. I have come to the conclusion that I must start cutting these steaks in half because they are a bit much. I guess that small potato wasn't quite as small as I thought either and that corn sitting there all lathered in butter just calling out "eat me" really did me in...well almost.


Jenny is probably going to want to kill me after this but since she raved so much about it last night [I'm sure this was what she was raving about] and went on how she wanted it right now I figured what the heck might as well have another piece of that wonderful tasting Lemon Meringue Pie. I'm glad there is only 1 piece left because I want to finish it off and go get me a Banana or Coconut Creme Pie next. Ummmm Nummmy.

Ok so much for my adventures today now it's time to get horizontal and watch a movie. Won't need any pop corn that's for sure.

Ya know one of these days I might have to get me a woman so I can have a decent home-cooked meal....NAH

Also I took the fireworks off the video and put on some really good Spanish Guitar at the top of the blog. Enjoy.

8 comments:

Joe Robinsmith said...

That is a meal fit for you my friend. Glad you were feeling up to that one.

JennyD said...

Daggone it, Lucy is lying in front of this keyboard and every key is taking a year to hit...arghh.
First, Curtis, the vid is stupendous. I wrote down the fella's name, etc, and going to ck out his albums. Definitely what I like and he has the perfect "thump" of his hand during a chord. Loved it.

Now, the food, lol. Good lord. What can I say? Well, you were partially right that I'd be wanting that pie, as it's my favorite, but that wasn't what I was referring to in your last post. It was the 2nd pic, the one with the fixed plate. Thought I'd died right in front of the monitor.

Now on THIS blog tonight, this is looking great as well, but you are SO right when you say you need to cut that portion in half. Hell, even as it was, it was enough for 3 hungry eaters, so cutting it in half wouldn't be taking away too much. Come on, you know it's true. On the other hand, if I'd been there when this was plated up (actually BOTH nights), I would have fought you for rights, lol. Hey, I'll share anything but it's a bit harder or even NADA when it comes to food. I should write a poem: "Gluttony becomes her like the night; she burst the seams without a fight. She burped so loud she broke a glass, and toppled down right on her a** ".
Ok, so it needs a little work. What did you expect right off the top of my head? I never said I was a writer, lol.

(There you go. That's my 2 sentence comment)

Curtis said...

Jenny you are too much. Ya know I thought about that 2nd picture with LOTS of mayo but then I wasn't sure. What a hoot.

JennyD said...

Are you kidding? I'm the Mayo Queen! Now how many times have we debated the which was better: Dukes or Hellmans. You're the Hellmans guy and I'm the Dukes girl --- why do you think they call me Daisy, LOL. Believe me, that's not even close to the truth; well, maybe in my young days but certainly not now.
Anyway, there is nothing better than a cheeseburger done right...you know, a bunch of mayo (DUKES!), lettuce, tomato, and anything else, but it needs to be totally messy and drippy. A 5-napkin burger! Oh I could go on and on. You're safe, I'll quit now.
(my salivary glands are off and runnin' again)

JennyD said...

(shhhhhh, be very quiet now and don't type anymore. I am going to shut off this computer and give it a rest. Besides, poor Lucy just had a nightmare and flipped herself completely off the bed. 'Nite)

Unknown said...

Thankyou Curtis for the sweet email. Love the video. Well you knew I would. I tried not to look at your food photos tonight, hah! You behave now hear? Hugs.

Cindy said...

Oh sure, you had to post another picture of the pie.

I was at Kenora years ago and really don't remember much about it. Sure wish my memory was as good as yours.

Have a good weekend and hope you finish that pie, so I can stop craving it. :)

Joan said...

I love Kenora. We used to go there all the time when I was a kid. The lakes are beautiful.

Put on the AC and close up the house it's going to be another scorcher today!